Translate

Monday, November 19, 2012

Are you comfortable?


I have always sort of blended into the back ground. Not completely forgotten about, but not really noticed either. Kind of like a picture on the wall you have looked at so many times you sort of start to not even notice it as you walk by. You take for granted it is there. Someone could steal it and it would take you weeks to notice it is missing. Your mind naturally fills that spot on the wall with the image of the picture. We go through our lives like this. Doing things day in and day out, following the same old routine, not mixing it up. Every morning I make myself a cup of coffee. Several times on the way out the door I have turned around and gone back inside to make sure that I turned the coffee pot off because I couldn’t remember doing it. Each and every time I turned around and checked; it was off. I blindly went through my morning, every day predictable. What if one day we did things differently? Got up early to take the longer, more scenic route to work, would the world spin out of orbit? It might feel that way. Throw you off balance for a while, but possibly in the long run it would be worth the dizziness. Some of us will never find out because we are comfortable, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, if you like getting cheated.


No comments:

Post a Comment